Coaching

Coaching

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Orang-orang dari Malaysia membaca blog saya!

Well, I sure hope that Google translator works correctly, and I haven't just offended the people from Malaysia...  In English, this hopefully translates to "People from Malaysia are reading my blog!" (or something to that effect)

When I started blogging, one of the jokes in our family was that no one would read the blog.  Being a new source of media for me, I really hadn't done any blogging, or kept track of anyone's blogs either.  Through the help of Dave Parker, I was able to get this started.

Honestly, it began as a modern day "journal" for me to list my thoughts on our new venture into missions.  I figured, even if no one read it, it would allow me to look back through this journey and reflect on where we came from.

I then added the "pageview" gadget to the blog, and was really encouraged to see that people were actually reading it (or my parents were hitting the "refresh" button 400+ times!).  I also saw the "stats" link on my homepage, and wondered what that meant.  So, I clicked it.  And I was astounded.  Not only were people from America reading the blog, but Columbia, the UK, Germany, India, Croatia, Spain, Canada, and Brazil!  Now, I understand that these people might not read the entire blog, or do much more than browse through it, but on the other hand, they very well may actually read it.  And I was so encouraged.  Because as I sit in front of my fire (actually, it is an electric heater that kind of looks like a fireplace...) here in Knoxville TN, the words are going out around the world.  Rather frightening, in a manner of thinking.  But also powerful.

When I read in Revelations about the whole world hearing about the words of Christ before he would come back, I often wondered how that would come into being.  And I believe that the modern media is really helping that come to fruition.  And I hope to be one of the vessels that he uses to do it.

So, to all of the readers out there, I say this:
Terima kasih!
Gracias!
Obrigado!
Vielen Dank!
Hvala vam što ste!
शुक्रिया!
Thank you!  

No comments: